Saturday, December 19, 2020

Rigatoni Bolognese with Garlic Rosemary Bread

Rigatoni Bolognese


        The snow is starting to fall and stick around a little, Christmas carols are on the radio and school is out for a couple weeks.  Bonus, I am off work from both jobs for 10 days... I hope I can handle it.  

        We are hoping to get outside and get some fresh air, hopefully it will be a nice family game time with everyone home.  Last night I made a quick pasta dinner.  I used a quart of homemade marinara sauce, but you could use your favorite store bought brand.  I then added a Quart of canned tomatoes, which is equivalent to a 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes from the store.  

        I started by browning ground beef, adding some chopped garlic and then the tomato sauce and tomatoes.  I used a large saute pan so the water would evaporate and thicken the sauce, it only simmered for about 30 minutes while I boiled some water to cook the noodles.  Some garlic rosemary butter brushed on fresh bread in the oven for garlic bread and supper was ready.

I always try to make extra of this so I can put some in the freezer for next time!

Now, Get in the kitchen and cook something!


 Rigatoni Bolognese
        1 lb. Rigatoni
        1 lb. Ground Beef
        1 qt. Marinara Sauce
        1 - 28oz can diced tomatoes
        3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
        2 T Fresh Basil, chopped
        Grated parmesan Cheese for serving
  1. Bring water to a boil and cook rigatoni according to package directions.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
  3. Sauté the beef until it is browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
  4. Add garlic and sauté about 2 minutes.
  5. Pour in marinara and tomato sauce and stir to combine
  6. Stir in the basil.
  7. Reduce heat to low, I have a splatter guard that I put over the pan at this point to reduce the mess from bubbling tomato sauce.
  8. When the pasta is done, drain it, reserving some of the water to adjust the thickness of the sauce as necessary.
  9. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve with grated parmesan on the side.
Garlic Rosemary Bread
        6 Slices Fresh Bread
        1/2 c Butter Melted
        1 Clove Garlic, minced
        1 T Rosemary, chopped
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Combine butter, garlic and rosemary
  3. Using a pastry brush, brush the bread on both sides
  4. Wrap the bread in tinfoil and place in the oven for about 15 minutes to heat through. 
        






No comments:

Post a Comment